Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"Are we starting a Revolution?" asks Bronwyn.

Yes, I believe that I will if that is what it takes. I agree with Bronwyn in the discussion email that by " everyone working too hard they are doing themselves and others a disservice, and the managers in actual fact because they get a false sense of what is achievable. "
So ... I need to stand up and be counted and give straight and honest feedback about what is possible and what is not regarding time. I have a good Head of School who is reasonable - and - I am aware that there are constraints he is dealing with.
And I need to be prepared with evidence to back up whatever stance I may need to take. Mmmm... need to reflect further on this as there is a project looming as I mentioned in the email discussion.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Misha,

    I love that image you have posted. It made me smile.

    Teachers can often be set unrealistic targets and feel under a lot of pressure. They do need to be honest about what is possible. Often, projects go into the 'too-hard' basket and a lot of time and energy has been wasted.

    I feel eLearning has revolutionised a lot of things in education and has broken down a lot of barriers in terms of collegiality. There was once a day, when teachers developed their own teaching materials and would never share these with others. There is still a good argument that we all teach differently, however, we are all getting good at adapting material to our own and students needs too.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    Kind regards,

    Kevin
    :-)

    ReplyDelete