Sunday, September 12, 2010

Spring is around the corner!

Question time! I received this image in an email that started out in Canada. Wanted to use it as our city spring here in Auckland is in stark contrast to the spring scene that Bronwyn posted two blogs ago. Being ever obedient I wanted to acknowledge the source so went scurrying to trace it. Google images has it from 3 different sources. One appears to be the "original" but what do I know! So, how does one reference this- give all three or choose what appears to be the original? What do you do?
Thoroughly enjoyed connecting on Elluminate last week. Helps with the isolation I feel at times. I do like to get on and do my own thing AND I like having others around and being part of a learning community.
I worked on a small project with Rachel Byars in a previous paper so it was good to hear her sharing her wisdom about her needs analysis project. I, too, am focussed on a Needs Analysis so it was very helpful hearing how she went about things and some of the obstacles she ran into etc. Have to put my head down as I will be away for the whole of the term break without access to a computer. Actually I will have no access to phone or TV and there aren't any roads on the island let alone a vehicle. Just warm sea and sand and hammocks slung between palm trees. Sheer Bliss. Follow this link http://www.macsnananu.com/ and you will see where we are staying.
Just a bit of useless trivia - my Mother was raised on this Island from age 4 till she was 11 when they returned to NZ. My Maternal Great GrandMother is from Wallis Island (tiny speck in the Pacific next to Futuna). She ran way to the "big smoke" (aka Fiji) and had her family and raised them there. The family who own and operate MacDonalds are in- laws so to speak.
Why am I telling you all this? Not sure but it means that I need to get my Evaluation Plan all done and dusted before I fly out. So watch this space...

1 comment:

  1. Misha I will look at your link later as I am meant to be doing my assignment. You lucky thing to have such isolation - my holidays should be renamed 'too much family time'. When you are one of 7 children when your siblings jump into life it can be a bit much.
    Will watch for your assignment

    ReplyDelete